Are you building a new home in Florida? If so, this is the perfect opportunity to think about insulating your walls. The best time to install insulation is while the home is being built and wall cavities have not been sealed up yet. There are lots of different insulation options on the market, but for the best results, we recommend installing spray foam insulation.
The Benefits of Using Spray Foam Insulation for Insulating Walls
- Energy efficiency. Spray foam insulation keeps heated or air conditioned air inside the home, which means lower energy costs over the home’s lifetime.
- Better air flow. Helps to manage air flow throughout the home. When your house isn’t full of stale air and doesn’t feel stuffy, it is more comfortable to live in.
- Increased home value. Because spray foam insulation is of better quality, it can boost a home’s value in a way that its fiberglass batt counterparts can’t. Future homebuyers generally see spray foam insulation as a plus when purchasing a new home.
- Less strain on the home’s air conditioning system. Insulation in the walls will take the load off of the air conditioning system. It will not have to work as hard to cool the home, meaning it will cost less to keep cool.
- Soundproofing qualities. Spray foam insulation can buffer street/outdoor noise (and possibly keep some of the indoor noise indoors).
- Reduced humidity and mold. Spray foam insulation acts as a vapor/moisture barrier that prevents moisture from penetrating the home. If moisture can get into the walls, it will breed mold. Mold growth can aggravate the home’s residents allergies, as well as compromise the structure of the home if left untreated.
- High R-Value. Florida has specific R-Value insulation requirements. Although they may vary depending on the type of heating system in the home, the minimum value required in Florida is R-13 for walls. Spray cell insulation can meet or exceed the required R-Value.
How can you get started with spray foam insulation?
If you are interested in spray foam for a new construction home, remember the importance of hiring a contractor who specializes in spray foam insulation. The contractor must be licensed and have the right equipment. They also must ensure the installation process is done properly, including sealing the home’s air leaks before installation and proper ventilation throughout the process. Energy Monster is an expert in spray foam insulation and can help to make sure the installation process goes smoothly. Schedule your free spray foam insulation consultation to see if spray foam insulation is right for your project.
Return to Blog