Residential Air Sealing
If you’re serious about making your home energy efficient, then you should consider air sealing. Air sealing systematically identifies any air leakage points in your home that allow outside air to either escape from or enter your home. The direction the air is moving is caused by the difference in air temperature between the inside of your home and the outside.
Essentially, these air leak points will make hot days feel hotter because your air conditioning leaks out while hot, outside air moves in. Sealing air leaks helps properly ventilate your home. As a result, there’s increased airflow, decreased energy loss, and savings in energy bills! Sealing air leaks helps properly ventilate your home. As a result, there’s increased airflow, decreased energy loss, and savings in energy bills!
Energy Monster can help you identify and remediate any of these air leakage points, potentially reducing your home’s heating and cooling costs by 30 percent while addressing issues of moisture, dust, and pests at the same time!
Steps to Air Sealing Your Home
- Call Energy Monster to conduct a free home assessment to show you exactly where we can improve your home’s energy efficiency. We will do two tests: a visual and a blower pressure test.
- The Visual Test will include the points where the foundation meets walls, walls meet ceilings, and roofing meets the siding. It will also examine around the chimney, vents, electrical, plumbing, foundation, and any other point where airflow may be causing an issue.
- The Blower Door Test will help identify where the air is entering or leaving walls, crawl spaces, windows, doors, etc. The spaces that may be overlooked with a visual inspection alone will be identified with this test.
- Energy Monster will share the results of the home assessment. At that time, recommendation(s) will be made for air sealing your outdoor foundation, crawl spaces, attic floor, vents, roofs, windows, doors, and anywhere else air leaks are discovered. You will decide how to proceed. Assuming you continue to make your home as energy efficient as possible…
- Energy Monster will complete the steps necessary to air-seal your home to lower your energy costs and keep the cool air in and the hot Florida air out!
Reduce Your Energy Costs
Air infiltration can account for 30 percent or more of a home’s heating and cooling costs and contribute to problems with moisture, noise, dust, and the entry of pollutants, insects, and rodents.
Did You Know
Properly air sealing such cracks and openings in your home can significantly reduce heating and cooling costs.