We all have that one room in our house that just doesn’t seem to be as well air-conditioned as the rest. Be it humidity or location relative to the rest of the house, that one room in particular just feels a bit off. If you live in Massachusetts and this is applicable to you, then you might be the perfect candidate for a ductless mini-split system!
Are you looking for more flexibility and ways to save on your energy bill? Request more information about transforming the heating and cooling in your home with a Ductless Mini-Split from Energy Monster.
Small Changes Can Make a Big Difference in Your Home.
Make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient by installing a Mitsubishi Electric Ductless Mini-Split System. The benefits of a ductless mini-split include:
- Heat or cool only the rooms you use.
- Customize the heating or cooling of individual rooms with timers and sleep functions.
- Units are easy to install and can be up and running in just one day.
- The system’s small size requires no ducts and won’t take up precious closet space.
- Affordable – offset the installation price with a 0% Mass Save Heat loan.
What is a ductless mini-split AC unit?
Ductless mini-split systems are standalone air conditioning units that feature both inside and outside components. The outside component consists of both a compressor and a fan, while the inside component is the air-handling unit itself, which is capable of being adjusted to offer heated or cooled air as needed. The two components are linked by a conduit, which houses everything from the refrigerant tubing to the power cable itself.
How Do Mini Split Air Conditioners Work?
Mini-split air conditioners work similarly to other types of air conditioners in that they compress and expand refrigerant to pull away heat and moisture from the air. The compressor is located outside the home or building instead of inside it. This means you don’t have a noisy fan running all day long. The compressor also runs at lower speeds than most fans do so there isn’t as much noise coming out of your walls. There are no coils on the evaporator side of the unit which makes them more efficient because less energy has to be used for heating up water. There are some pretty significant differences between mini split air conditioners and other types of air conditioners, and they include:
- Heat Pumps – How are ductless air conditioners, or mini-split air conditioners, capable of heating and cooling without needing large indoor and outdoor units? The secret lies in energy-efficient heat pumps. They take advantage of heat’s tendency to move from warm areas to cool areas. In doing so, they are capable of heating and cooling while using a lot less energy.
- Connections – As with a traditional heating and cooling system, mini-split systems have indoor and outdoor components. In this case, however, the indoor and outdoor units are connected by suction lines, which draw away condensate, refrigerant lines, which facilitate the transfer of warm air, and power lines, which keep everything humming along.
- Indoor Units – With a mini-split air conditioner, outdoor units are mounted on outside walls. There are also compact indoor units, which may be mounted on floors, ceilings, or high up on walls. These units have blowers that deliver heated and cooled air to a specific area. You can’t understand how mini split air conditioners work without understanding that no ducts are involved at all.
What are the benefits of having a ductless mini-split system in MA?
Ductless mini-split ac systems are extremely quiet. In most cases, the only way you’d notice that the system is on, aside from its air conditioning capabilities, would be to walk past the indoor unit as you feel a slight breeze.
Another key advantage to ductless mini-split systems is their small size. They serve as the perfect heating and cooling candidate for small spaces that cannot be easily accommodated by the central cooling systems that are already in place. This is especially the case for small apartments and mother-in-law suites.
Additionally, ductless mini-split systems are easily mountable, meaning you have the flexibility to place the indoor unit just about anywhere you’d like. Compared to traditional window units, ductless mini-split systems only require a small hole in the wall to function, which is used to connect the inside and outside components. This means you’ll enjoy all the benefits that a ductless mini-split system has to offer without compromising your home’s aesthetic value.
Will I save power compared to a traditional heating and cooling system in Massachusetts?
Yes, in a number of ways! Ductless mini-split systems are just as their name describes. Since they have no ducts, they’re able to circumvent the traditional energy losses that are associated with central heating and cooling systems. By cracking down on these energy losses, ductless mini-split systems can save up to 30% of energy consumption typically attributed to duct losses. Along these same lines, you wouldn’t have to pay for additional ductwork to be installed in your home with a unit such as this!
Yet, it doesn’t end there. Ductless mini-split systems can be set up so that there are multiple indoor units installed within one house, all running from the same outside component. These multiple units can be individually adjusted to service-specific sections of the house as needed. This means that you only need to keep the units on for the areas of your home that are presently occupied.
What else do I need to know?
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance solution to heating and cooling for a small space in your home, then a ductless mini-split system might be just what you need!
Contact My Energy Monster MA to get started today! Fill out the form below or call (855) 627-7674 and mention that Wattson sent you!
Return to Blog