For many homeowners, making energy efficient upgrades to the home seems like a great way to help the environment while cutting back on energy bills. On the other hand, the cost of some of these upgrades can seem overwhelming when it must be paid upfront. Enter the Mass Save HEAT Loan: a no interest loan to help you make qualified home improvements. You could qualify for up to $25,000 and have up to 7 years to repay. Here’s what you need to know.
Step 1: Get a Home Energy Assessment
A Mass Save home energy assessment is the first step toward achieving a more comfortable and energy-efficient home. This service is provided at no cost to you and takes only an hour. An Energy Monster advisor will visit your home and check your heating system to be sure it’s running safely and efficiently. We’ll also use thermal imaging cameras to detect any areas of heat loss throughout your home while checking for any other areas where you can save energy and money.
Step 2: Apply for the Mass Save HEAT Loan
At the end of your Home Energy Assessment, your Energy Monster adviser will help you apply for the Mass Save HEAT Loan and help you process the paperwork. Here are just a few of the improvements you can make with a HEAT Loan:
- Heating System Replacement
- Hot Water & Solar Hot Water Heaters
- Central Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps
- Replacement Windows
Plus, for a limited time, there are expanded Mass Save HEAT Loan options that can cover the cost of a central wood pellet heating system, extended weatherization measures, asbestos abatement, and knob-and-tube wiring remediation. You may also qualify for additional rebates, including a 75% instant rebate for approved insulation and energy efficient equipment rebates for heating and hot water appliances.
These expanded options and rebates have a few additional qualifications, but the process begins with the same Home Energy Assessment, and your Energy Monster advisor will help you determine if you qualify.
Step 3: Make Changes
Once your Mass Save HEAT Loan is approved, Energy Monster can help you complete many of your energy-efficiency projects. Here are just a few of the projects we can help you complete:
- Solar Upgrades. Solar energy is clean and efficient, and Energy Monster will ensure that you get the most from your solar upgrades.
- Insulation. Staying warm and cozy in the winter and cool in the summer without breaking the bank on energy bills means a well-insulated home. We have the tools and techniques to make your home comfortable.
- Air Sealing. Insulation and an efficient heating and cooling system can only do so much when your home is leaking expensive conditioned air! We’ll seal up any gaps and make sure your windows and doors are doing their jobs.
- Lighting Changes. The simple act of switching out a light bulb can pay off. We will help you upgrade old bulbs and upgrade old fixtures.
- Heating & Cooling. From a complete HVAC replacement to upgrading a single appliance, Energy Monster will help make sure your appliances are working hard for your home and your budget.
Why Choose Energy Monster?
Aside from Wattson, the cute Monster who is ready to dig in and help you save, partnering with Energy Monster means you have an expert by your side every step of the way. An Energy Monster adviser will find all the energy-efficiency problems in your home and provide recommended ways to fix the problems. From air leaks to insulation to new appliances, we’ll not only identify areas for improvement, but also help you finance your projects with a Mass Save HEAT Loan and see your projects through completion and installation.
All you have to do is take the first step. Schedule your no-cost, no obligation Home Energy Assessment today!
Return to Blog