The Mass Save® HEAT Loan offers interest-free financing opportunities up to $25,000 for energy-efficient home upgrades like water heating equipment, ductless mini-splits, solar batteries, insulation, windows, and more!
To get started, call Energy Monster at (855) 627-7674 to schedule a no-cost home energy assessment. An Energy Monster representative will provide information on opportunities to improve your energy efficiency and where financing can help.
Step 1: Schedule a no-cost Mass Save energy assessment with Energy Monster. Once completed, your Energy Monster advisor will provide you with the Intake Form to confirm your eligibility.
Step 2: Submit a copy of the Intake Form to your HEAT Loan Program Administrator. Include your signed contractor proposal and any additional required documentation. If your work meets program eligibility requirements, you will receive an Authorization Form.
Step 3: Secure the loan. Submit your completed Authorization Form to your selected participating lender. If approved, the lender will provide you with a two-party check made payable to you and your contractor(s). To view a complete list of participating lenders, click here.
Step 4: Complete the upgrade(s). To pay your contractor, simply sign over the bank check.
Step 5: Complete your verification inspection. Call 866-527-SAVE for details on completing this required verification.
• Ductless Mini-Split Systems – A high-efficiency Mitsubishi ductless mini-split will help keep your home more comfortable year-round and reduces energy costs.
• Insulation – Improving your home’s insulation can help lower your energy costs, reduce drafts, and keep your home comfortable all year long.
• Hot Water Heaters – Upgrade to a more energy-efficient hot water heater and help offset water heating costs.
• Replacement Windows – Lower your energy costs and reduce drafts in your home by upgrading to ENERGY STAR® certified windows.
• Solar Batteries – Stay one step ahead of power outages by upgrading your system with solar battery storage.
• The HEAT Loan is available to qualified customers who complete a no-cost home energy assessment.
• Loan applicant must be the homeowner.
• Residents must have a current residential electric account.
• Municipal electric customers can take advantage of the HEAT Loan offer if the home is heated with natural gas, provided by a Mass Save Program Sponsor.
• Municipal electric customers can apply for the HEAT Loan for all upgrades, with the exception of central air conditioning, heat pumps and heat pump water heaters.
• Financing is only available for qualifying energy-efficient improvements outlined within the HEAT Loan packet.
• Financing is contingent upon loan approval from a participating lender.
Yes! Thanks to the Mass Save, an energy efficiency and Massachusetts utility company sponsored program, you are eligible for a no-cost home energy assessment once every two years. There is no catch and no obligation to buy anything once you receive an assessment.
To learn what is available to you, the first step is to schedule your no cost home energy assessment. Upon completion of the assessment, your Energy Monster Advisor will review the rebates and incentives you may qualify for.
The Mass Save Program is an energy-efficiency and electric/gas utility company-funded initiative that is available to Massachusetts homeowners. Through the program, you are eligible to receive no-cost home energy assessments, rebates and incentives. We list more features of the Mass Save Program here.
After installing solar panels, one month my electric bill was -$8.00. Things are working out great.